Thursday, May 04, 2006

Grilled Cheese

At Sam's Deli Diner on Saturday, Jillian (our 4 year old neighbor) asked Joelle why she had grilled cheese. I knew that Jillian really meant, "why did you order grill cheese," but that 4 year old conversationalists can't always express themselves that eloquently. Joelle retorted back, "that's what I ordered," with a quizzical look on her face. Jillian also looked confused. I held back laughter and gently told Joelle that maybe she was asking why she ordered it. She just said, "oh, I like it." 4 year old conversations.... they are very literal Oh, Joelle's new word this week: Brilliant. When I asked her where she learned it, she said, "Madonna."

1 Comments:

Blogger Petie said...

Update on grilled cheese... Jillian ordered grilled cheese instead of her usual chicken tenders the very next weekend. Kids sure do pay attention to what other kids are doing... It starts early.

5/09/2006 06:06:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home