Thursday, May 18, 2006

The Spanish Inquisition

Joelle is fond of telling us that she wishes she could go back to the old house. We've kind of grown accustomed to her rhetoric and dismiss it as crazy. After all, she has TWO rooms in the new house. Two really cool rooms: her sleeping and play room. So, last night when she said this, Chris actually started drilling her with questions. "Why do you like the old house better?" "Why do you want to go back?" "What did your room look like?" Suffice it to say, her answers weren't all that clear. For example, she said her old room was pink, it was yellow. Yet, I do wonder if she is trying to conjure up memories of the old house. It was her first home and she felt safe tucked in her nest. Perhaps it's human nature to be nostalgic.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's probably human nature to be nostalgic...

I still remember the pink bed/desk/etc set I used to have in the first home I can remember. For the longest time, I would bring back nostalgic memories of that home and my room.

I've always thought the fixation with those two was related to a dramatic turn of events that took place there (i.e. my parents sold all of their stuff - including my toys and all, I was about 4)... but then, maybe it's just simple nostalgia for my first home.

5/18/2006 02:38:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, how can someone so young be nostalgic already? Somehow that moves me deeply. We almost always find a way to remember our pasts fondly.

5/19/2006 10:23:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home